Dear friends of the Rosenstock,
our hotel has been open again since May 21, 2021 - including the complete wellness area!
Please note the following important information on the current Corona situation (as of June 7, 2021)
• Overnight guests may only arrive with a negative, current Corona test (PCR test carried out no more than 48 hours ago, POC antigen test carried out no more than 24 hours ago) and must take a current test every 48 hours in one of the test centers (this rule applies if - as is the case with us in the Oberallgäu district - the current incidence is higher than 50).
• Vaccinated and convalescent persons are exempt from testing obligations according to the generally applicable principles.
Due to the special situation, we have adjusted our cancellation conditions for all bookings:
A cancellation period of 3 days applies to reservations already made by July 31, 2021 (except for bookings on booking.com or HRS). This means that you can leave the reservation you have already made and, if necessary, cancel it at short notice.
The same - completely risk-free - cancellation period naturally also applies to all new bookings (until July 31, 2021).
Until we meet again, we wish you all the best!
Your Karg family and all employees
Sophisticated & charming
Mmmmhhh... Mmmmhhh... what's that wonderful wafting smell of food? Hot desserts or seasoning with herbs from the garden? You can expect good hearty food that is subtly flavoured.
Large or small appetite...
...whatever. But what always counts: sitting comfortably, chatting and letting time go by. Eating is a slow matter, eating is a pleasure, pleasure is a way of life. The Rosenstock approach to cuisine is uncomplicated. Just fine food, carefully prepared from produce that relates to its place of origin.
Go 'offline' and savour the moment with a bottle of wine - it's your evening.
Our head chef Ludwig Schmid recommends a classic dish
4 eggs | 250ml milk | 125g flour | 40g icing sugar | 1 small pinch of salt | butter | sugar
- Separate the eggs
- Sieve the flour
- Mix the flour, milk, egg yolk, icing sugar and salt to a smooth batter
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and carefully add it to the batter
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Heat an oven-proof pan
- Add about 1 dessert spoon of clarified butter and cook the batter from the underside until golden yellow
- Place the pan in the oven and finish baking the golden yellow mixture
- Break the Kaiserschmarrn into pieces
- Heat a generous amount of butter in a pan, add the sugar and let it caramelise
- Add flaked almonds and raisins marinated in rum as desired
- Add the chunks of Kaiserschmarrn and mix well
- Serve on a plate and dust with icing sugar
And here is the recommendation from our sous chef, Bernhard Krist
BRAISED BEEF IN APPLE-BALSAMIC SAUCE
about 1 kg shoulder of beef | 100 g carrots, leek, celeriac, parsley root | 2 dessert spoons of tomato purée | thyme, bay leaves, juniper berries, pimento, red wine, balsamic vinegar, apple purée | apple | meat or vegetable stock
- Season the beef and brown on all sides
- Add the finely chopped root vegetables and fry together
- Add the tomato purée
- Douse with red wine, top up with stock and add the herbs & spices
- Gently braise in the oven at about 150°
- Remove the joint, pass the sauce through a sieve and season to taste
- Season with apple puree and balsamic vinegar and add the diced apple
Serve with fresh seasonal vegetables and spaetzle or Schupfnudeln(finger-shaped potato dumplings) – Guten Appetit!
Ihr Abendmenü vom 21.09.2021
Salate vom Büffet
Maronencremesuppe | geröstete Nüsse
Rosa gebratene Entenbrust | Orangenjus
Rosenkohl | Schupfnudeln
Zanderfilet vom Grill | Rieslingsoße
Tomate | Zucchini | Kartoffeltaler
Well & Fit
Parmesan | Pesto (ca. 630 Kcal)
Käseauswahl vom Buffet
Kaffee-Amarettocreme | Himbeere